Manually Docketing an Office Action from the USPTO
To manually enter a US Patent Office Action into your task list, follow the steps below:
- Got to the Tasks module.
- In the Make Changes section of the left column, click the Add button to open a New Task window.
- Select a client from the Client search box.
- Select a matter number from Matter search box. Optionally, you can skip the client and search for a matter first. AppColl will then auto-populate the Client.
- Search for Receive Final Office Action or Receive Non-Final Office Action in the search box.
- Verify that the task owner is correct.
- Select the Reference Date (the official mailing date from the PTO) and Received On date.
- (Optional) Drag and drop the official office action PDF to the task.
- (Optional) Enter any desired information in the Comments text box.
- Click the Save button.
- AppColl will generate the appropriate "Respond to Office Action" task with appropriate due date.
Did you find this article helpful?