Mass Updating Contacts
You can easily update one or more fields for your contacts by exporting the information you want to change, changing the information in Excel and importing the changes back into AppColl. Here are the steps:
- From the Contacts Module, filter for the information you want to change. For example, if you want to update/add addresses for your inventors, you would filter for Role = Inventors.
- Select the columns you want to update from the Columns link in the upper right corner of your screen. For example, if you want to update address information, select all the address columns as well as the name columns.
- Important: You must include the ContactID column in your download. This is the value used to match up your changes with the appropriate contact.
- Click the Excel icon in the upper right corner and select "This information only". This will download the data to a CSV file.
- Open the CSV file in Excel/Numbers/etc. Add or replace the information you wish to upload into AppColl.
- Save the spreadsheet as a CSV file and not an XLS.
- Return to the Contacts module.
- Click on the "Import CSV" link in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the Import window, click the Choose File button to browse for the CSV file on your local computer.
- Select the "Update Existing Matters" radio button and click Import.
- AppColl will then check the spreadsheet for any errors. When this process completes, you will be taken to a page that shows any issues, if any. If there are errors, you must click on the Done button and fix them before you can import the spreadsheet a second time. If there aren’t any errors, click on the Proceed with Import button.
- When the import is complete (which could take several minutes depending on the number of changes), you should see a message indicating the import is complete.
- Repeat steps 5-12 until all contacts are properly imported into AppColl and no errors are reported.
Did you find this article helpful?