You can back up all of your data in AppColl with just a few mouse clicks.
Backing up your AppColl Database
Backups are available for Tasks, Task Types, Matters, Prior Art, Billing, and Contacts. Within the desired module, follow the steps below.
Tasks: There is a single set of data that can be downloaded for Tasks.
Matters: There are three separate sets of data that can be downloaded for Matters.
Prior Art: There are two separate sets of data that can be downloaded for Prior Art.
Billing: There is a single set of data that can be downloaded for Billing. Please note, the contents and format of an invoice cannot be downloaded as a data set. However, PDF files of invoices can be downloaded as discussed below.
Contacts: There is a single set of data that can downloaded for Contacts.
Task Type Rules: If desired, task type rules also can be downloaded. There are 3 separate sets of data downloadable for Task Rules.
Backing up your Files
You can download Zip files for all files uploaded to or generated within AppColl.
1) Go to the Files module.
2) Select the folder(s) you wish to download by clicking the checkbox in the left column.
3) Click the Download Zip File button.
4) Warning: Highlighting all folders and clicking Download could take a very long time, depending on the number of matters and files stored in AppColl. If you store lots of media files in AppColl, we highly recommend downloading the larger clients as independent Zip files.
Here are some notable folders worth downloading:
1) Client Folders: each client name has its own folder, with a folder for each matter for that client, and with each matter having its own sub-folders.
2) Invoices: all invoices created within AppColl.
3) Imported: all XML files that have been uploaded into AppColl when importing data from Private Pair.
4) Email Templates: all mail merge emails created by you.
5) Form Letters: all mail merge letters created by you.
6) IDS: all AppColl generated IDSs (in their native XML format).
7) References: all patent references uploaded into AppColl by you.